It is important that churches continue to connect with members and their communities. Our brick and mortar buildings may be closed, but the ministry of the church has not stopped. The hope and courage that God, His Word, and worship brings is needed even more now in this moment of crisis. Church is not a building or something we do on Sabbath. Church is the people. We can continue to be the church, worship together, and impact our communities.
- Many churches are offering online worship services. For those who are not, our office team will offer adult SS lesson study at 10:00 am and Sabbath morning worship at 11:00 am service with President Gary Gibbs each week through our Facebook page, facebook.com/PennsylvaniaConference. Simply go to our Facebook page (there’s also a link on the home page of our website which will take you directly there) and look for the post to pop up at 10:00 am and then again at 11:00 am. These services will remain online so that you can access them later in the day or in the week.
- Pastors will continue to meet with Ministerial Director Tim Bailey and their regional team for prayer, updates, and encouragement via Zoom on a weekly basis.
- Resources and options for innovative ministry through digital platforms, conference calls, and other means that will continue to connect churches, members, staff are being collected and shared with our pastoral team to help churches find new ways to “meet” together.
- Ongoing communication will be shared with members through:
- Our Facebook page, facebook.com/PennsylvaniaConference
- Our website, paconference.org
- Through eblasts—if you are not currently receiving our eblasts, please sign up at https://paconference.org/email-update/
- Church buildings may be closed, but the financial responsibilities continue. Members may continue to support their local church and Conference evangelism and ministries through several methods:
- AdventistGiving on your local church’s website or through the Conference website (if you are unsure how to use AdventistGiving, we have tutorial videos in both English and Spanish on our website at https://paconference.org/treasury/)
- Mail your tithe and offering to your local treasurer (your pastor can provide the information needed)
- Continue to write your tithe and offering check, placing it in your tithe envelope and holding it until we return to worship in our church buildings if you are unable to mail it, but note that your church will continue to pay bills during this time
- Members and friends are invited to unite together in prayer at 8:30 pm each Monday evening by calling 605-472-5260 and entering code: 662834.
We encourage members to stay connected to each other. Call, Facetime, Skype, and check up on one another. Text and email are great, too, but it’s important that we have real conversations. Meet for prayer as a church family like our office team is doing through a free conference line, video group meeting, or a Facebook group. Connect with your neighbors, co-workers, and family through ways that allow you to show your care and keep social distancing at the same time.